Tue, May 17|
Spirometry Testing Techniques
Broaden the scope of your practice and service delivery to screen lung function.
Time & Location
May 17, 2022, 8:00 AM GMT+2 – May 19, 2022, 4:30 PM GMT+2
Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
About the event
Enhance your skills and ensure you are ready for the latest developments in the Healthcare Sector.
Through our partnership with the Health Science Academy (HSA) this short course will broaden the scope of your practice and service delivery to screen lung function.
The course covers the following:
- Basic respiratory anatomy and physiology
- A background to spirometry and spirometers
- Spirometry equipment quality control,calibration and verification
- The flow volume curve and measurements ofSpirometry
- Preparing a subject for spirometry, indicationsand contra-indications
- Technique and achieving technically acceptable results
- Normal values and basic normal vs. abnormal results
- Recording and reporting results
- Reversibility studies
Who should attend
The course is aimed for Medical Doctors, Clinical Associates and Professional Nurses
The course is offered via a 3-day contact course.
Accredited according to the HPCSA’s Medical and Dental Board Guidelines for Healthcare Professions for Level 1 = 21 Clinical CPD Point.
Certificate of completion after achieving competence in assessments and Portfolio of Evidence
Call/WhatsApp: 064 543 3928
SPIROMETRY TESTING TECHNIQUES
3 day workshop including training materials, tea and lunch.