Tue, Mar 22|
Self Paced eLearning Course
Certificate in Advanced HIV Management
Learn the clinical management of HIV complications and treatment optimisation for patients needing 2nd and 3rd Line ART Regimens.
Time & Location
Mar 22, 2022, 8:00 AM GMT+2
Self Paced eLearning Course
About the event
The Certificate in Advanced HIV Management enable healthcare professionals to address challenges of a rapidly maturing HIV and TB epidemic. This course will focus on providing healthcare professionals with the core knowledge and skills required to diagnose and manage unstable HIV patients with commonly observed opportunistic infections, comorbidities and failing 2nd line antiretroviral therapy (ART) therefore ineed of 3rd line ART drugs..
The goal of the training is to enhance clinical competency to manage complex patients with HIV and HIV/TB in all populations (adults, children, adolescent and pregnant women) including other key populations. The course will provide healthcare professionals with an approach to the assessment, investigation and management of patients with advanced HIV disease and common infections, complications or co- morbidities in each organ system. The course is conducted using the following teaching and learning methods:
- Didactic Sessions
- Interactive case studies
- Excercises and knowledge tests
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the current HIV epidemic in South Africa, including people with advanced disease
- Summarise the current first, second and third line ART regimens in South Africa
- Summarise the general approach to an unstable HIV positive patient
- Develop an approach to assessing and managing patients presenting with common symptoms in the different organ systems
- Explain the key principles of HIV drug resistance and genotypic resistance testing interpretation
- Identify and manage ART treatment failure with or without co-morbidities in different patient populations
- Manage patients with adverse drug reactions, co-morbidities and drug-drug interactions
Who should attend
Medical Officers, Clinical Associates, NIMART trained Professional Nurses, Pharmacists. Interdisciplinary teams are encouraged.
The course is offered as a self-paced eLearning course. Additional materials which would assist participants in diagnosing and managing HIV related conditions are shared including national guidelines.
To qualify for the certificate of completion for this short course, participants should successfully complete allocated modules and the assessment process. The certificate will be available within 48 hours of completing the course.
Accredited according to the HPCSA’s Medical and Dental Board Guidelines for Healthcare Professions for Level 1 = 30 Clinical CPD Point.
Call/WhatsApp: 064 543 3928
Cert Advanced HIV Management
Self-paced eLearning Course, accredited for 30 clinical points