Tue, Mar 15|
Audiometry Testing Techniques
Broaden the scope of your practice and service delivery to screen for hearing impairment.
Time & Location
Mar 15, 2022, 8:00 AM GMT+2 – Mar 17, 2022, 4:30 PM GMT+2
Durban, Durban, South Africa
About the event
Enhance your skills and ensure you are ready for the latest developments in the Healthcare Sector.
Through our partnership with the Health Science Academy (HSA) this short course will broaden the scope of your practice and service delivery to screen for hearing impairment.
The course covers the following:
- Basic anatomy and physiology of hearing
- A background to Audiometry and equipment
- Ensure the Audiometric Equipment meets standards
- Prepare Client for a Valid Audiometric Examination
- Measuring hearing acuity
- Classification of hearing impairment
- Hearing conservation
- Conduct both manual and automated audiometric screens that complies with established standards and best practice
- Interpret, evaluate, record and report results
Who should attend
The course is aimed for Audiologists, Medical Doctors, Clinical Associates and Professional Nurses
The course is offered via a 3-day contact course.
Accredited according to the HPCSA’s Medical and Dental Board Guidelines for Healthcare Professions for Level 1 = 21 Clinical CPD Point.
Certificate of completion after achieving competence in assessments and Portfolio of Evidence
Call/WhatsApp: 064 543 3928
AUDIOMETRY TESTING TECHNIQUES
3 day workshop including training materials, tea and lunch.